Thursday, April 7, 2011

LIFE :: Carolina Cup 2011 :: The Whalegate Party

Out of the three years that I've attended Carolina Cup, I'd venture to say that this year blew my other dates with the Cup out of the water!

We awoke in the wee hours of the morning (4:30am) because we were supposed to be at the fraternity house, ready to go, at 5:30. When we arrived at 5:30, we were the first ones there (of course), and the majority of the boys were still asleep (of course). So we took a string of unflattering early morning photos:

 Note the random chair on the couch. Questionable.

We eventually got on the bus (only an hour late) and started the journey to Camden, SC. Country music were the tunes of choice and more than a few sing-a-longs were involved.

Once we made it to Camden, the good news started pouring in.
1. Our tent was A5. Right on the fences. I saw so many horses!
2. lunch was CATERED barbeque. Delicious.
3. It was sunny and warm. Weather makes all the difference!






 My day mainly consisted of finding various friends from different schools, taking pictures with them, taking pictures of horses, and taking pictures of the Vineyard Vines patchwork SUV.  How awesome is that?





Unlike last year, I did not break any electronics!!! This is a big step in the right direction.

We left the fields around 5:30 and nearly every person slept on the trip home. I'm still catching up on sleep, I swear!

Okay, I'm off to go take an exam (ew). Wish me luck!

Did you go to the Cup? 

~Whitney

P.S. I promise this is the last time I'll talk about Carolina Cup for at least a year! I'm sure you are all grateful for that.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like alot of fun! You're not boring me blogging about it, especially since I've never been.

    ReplyDelete

 
Entertaining Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory