Friday, October 29, 2010

LIFE :: Book Club: The Five People You Meet in Heaven

Image via Vogue

He that loves a book will never want a faithful friend,
a wholesome counselor, a cheerful companion, an effectual comforter.
By study, by reading, by thinking, one may innocently
divert and pleasantly entertain himself,
as in all weathers, as in all fortunes.
~ Barrow ~

My friends and I have started a book club. Unfortunately, it will be a short trial run for the club because three of my best friends will be exploring the world next semester in various study abroad programs. What book did we decide on for our trial book club run? The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. I just started it, but so far it is a super easy read. The big text has even made it possible for me to read it while on the elliptical. Gotta love multitasking!

Have you read it? I feel like I'm one of the few people that hasn't. What were your thoughts?

Also, don't you just love that picture of Gwyneth Paltrow?

1 comment:

  1. love the photo! No, I haven't read it yet, but I'll look into it.Have you read Tuesdays with Morrie? Same author, great book!

    ReplyDelete

 
Entertaining Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory