Tuesday, April 27, 2010

LIFE :: How Not to Study

I have mastered the art of procrastination. After final exam #1 today, I had ambitious plans to study for final exam #2 (which is in less than 12 hours, eek) and go ahead and get started studying for final exam #3.

This did not occur.

I rocked out final exam #1 and proceeded to spend the rest of the day wasting time in any way possible. I Facebooked. I tweeted. I Stumbled Upon. I YouTubed. I did anything and everything that did not include looking at my notes.

My lovely friend Megan, the mastermind behind the food blog The Oatmeal Diaries, made my day by giving me a 'just because' cupcake from Sugarland.

It was beautiful. And the chocolate curls on top were scrumptious.

Before:


After:


Since I was feeling pretty lame about my inability to learn important information for tomorrow's exam, I thought it would be fitting to learn more interesting things. May I please introduce you to one of the most brilliant Youtube video series of all time: Drunk History

I spent my evening alternating between Drunk History videos and an all-time favorite show, Glee. I particularly enjoyed the reference to our rival school, Duke. All UNC students and fans can now be validated because the writers of Glee also hate our rival. Sweet, sweet victory.

Alas, it is time for me to hit the books. Most likely I'll read through my notes once tonight and then wake up at an insanely early hour tomorrow to finish. Hello, sunrise!

The good news is that tomorrow is the official Last Day of Classes (LDOC) and the weather is supposed to be marvelous.

Sweet dreams!
Whitney

P.S. Have other ways to procrastinate? Feel free to share them.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed your cuppycake! And I looove the lemonade photo up top :)

    HAPPY LDOC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other ways to procrastinate? Reading/writing blog entries! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Entertaining Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory